Whenever a personal injury has occurred then either the person or someone who is accompanying him has to ensure few things like whether police has arrived at the place and they have all the knowledge about the accident, one has to record the names of the parties who has done the injury and also the witness of the accident, family doctor must be informed about the injury also insurance company about the car accident, inform the employer or school as the case may be, keep a record of all insurance details and also of the expenses incurred right from the date of accident and checkout the insurance coverage available, contact the Personal Injury Lawyer Toronto to arrange all the paper work.
Rights, Remedies and legal to follow
- If any person has got injured in an accident caused by another person then the injured has the right to claim form the person causing the accident, if he is covered from insurance then the insurance company shall be responsible to reimburse. Most of the cases people are covered from policies which are often settled by those companies.
- If a person is covered from policies and in case got injured in an automobile accident, motorcycles, dirt bike accident the insurance company shall pay for the damages even though the person so covered is responsible for such accidents.
- The first and the foremost thing to do is to consult a lawyer because there are few deadlines which are to be met in order to receive compensation failure to which the person suffering from serious personal injury will be disqualified to claim the compensation.
- In case of automobile accidents the rules are little stringent these claims are of two types –1. One can claim from own car insurance company or from the other person’s car which is involved in the accident 2. Can claim against the fault driver this is called as Tort claim.
- Accidental insurance claims will be paid only when there is an involvement of automobiles. In case of other types of accidents claims can be made for the negligence of other parties.